Use of photographs
All photos submitted (winners and non-winners) may be used for publicity purposes in publications and on our webpages, giving you a fantastic opportunity to have your photos viewed by a worldwide audience.
Four prizes of £50 Amazon vouchers will be awarded for the best photographs and winners will be notified by e-mail after the closing date of Monday 28 July 2014.
We are looking for photographs of all aspects of student life in St Andrews. This includes but is not limited to photographs of:
- Student traditions
- University buildings
- Student accommodation
- The town of St Andrews
…or anything else that you feel captures aspects of the student experience here at St Andrews
Rules of entry
- You must be a current student or member of staff at the University of St Andrews (students graduating in 2014 are eligible to enter). You must log in to enter.
- By entering the contest you will be giving the Admissions Office permission to use your photographs for publicity purposes in publications including the undergraduate prospectus and on our webpages.
- Photographs must be original and have been taken by the entrant and should be appropriate for use by the University in marketing activities.
- Please avoid taking close-up photos of children (under 16) in any indoor or outdoor setting.
- Photographs of individuals (over 16) and groups of adults are acceptable but if you are doing a close up shot and they are the main subject of the photograph you must let them know that the photo may be used for publicity purposes, including the internet.
- A maximum of 10 (ten) photographs may be submitted per person.
- Photographs must be submitted to the competition as detailed below and by the published deadline.
The deadline for submission of photographs is by 5pm on Monday 28 July 2014.
Entries will be judged by the Admissions team and the winners will be notified by e-mail after the closing date.
We look forward to seeing the creativity and originality in your photographs. Good luck!
Photograph format guidelines
- MUST have a file size of between 2MB – 3MB.
- MUST have a file type of .jpg or .jpeg.
- SHOULD have a width of at least 1024 pixels.